Save the date! The 13th annual Sharin’ of the Green Parade is happening on Saturday, March 16 from 1-3pm in Uptown Normal!
The Sharin’ of the Green Parade is an opportunity for the community to come out and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and “share the green” by donating to Brightpoint.
Brightpoint has been a resource for families of McLean County and the surrounding area for over 130 years. The agency offers a comprehensive array of services and programs, annually serving the needs of more than 3,000 children and families in McLean County and the surrounding area.
WJBC will also be broadcasting live before the parade from 11am-1pm at Maggie Miley’s in Uptown Normal!
The parade route starts at the corner of School St and North Street and moves east down North St. through Uptown Circle to Linden St.
To register for this event, use the online form! Online registration will also be available the day of the event in the staging area.
Each participant must agree and sign the waiver!
As a driver/participant in this parade, we ask you to follow these rules for the safety of yourself and others:
- Please do not throw candy due to the danger of children in traffic.
- Candy is to be handed out to the children as to keep them out of the street.
- Please avoid gaps in the parade order – stay close.
- Large vehicles must have escorts on both sides.
- Please use extreme caution at the circle.
- Do not unload until you have arrived at the parking lot disignated for unloading.
- If you have animals in your entry- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEAN UP.
- Have you paid your entry fee and signed your waiver? If not, see Brightpoint staff in the check in area.
Donate using this link!
Volunteers will sell t-shirts, line up participants, carry the flag, collect donations, throw candy, assist with crowd control, or other tasks as needed.
For questions, contact Laura Cordero at [email protected].
It’s the annual Sharin’ of the Green Parade with Brightpoint, Maggie Miley’s and WJBC!