By Blake Haas
NORMAL – Nine Illinois State University athletic staff employees received a senior staff promotion.
That includes Leanna Bordner, the University’s new Chief Operating Officer and Senior Woman Administrator.
“The COO position, I’m doing a lot of different things anyway, and (I will be) adding some things to my plate,” said Bordner, who is in her 31st year with ISU. “I will be supervising our Athletic training, strength and conditioning, and our sports nutritionist. Which the three of those positions are new to my responsibilities…
My goal is to do what I can to take things off (Interim ISU Athletic Director Dr.) Jeri (Beggs) plate. So that she can do the things that she needs to do at that Athletic Director level. And again, internally and externally because there (are) things across campus that need to be dealt with and handled at a cabinet, a president’s cabinet level.”
Before joining ISU, Bordner spent time as an assistant Women’s basketball coach at Michigan State University as part of a 16-year college coaching career.
“Our senior staff is an integral part of the success of our programs, and we have very talented and dedicated people in those roles currently,” said Interim ISU Director of Athletics Dr. Jeri Beggs. “As job responsibilities were added, we wanted to make sure these deserving individuals were recognized for their work.”
Those individuals include the following:
- Cindy Harris, Executive Associate Athletic Director for Compliance & Student Services
- Scott Renfro, Sr. Associate Athletic Director for Compliance & Student Services
- Joe Klausner, Associate Athletic Director for Academic & Life Skills
- Marc Martindale, Associate Athletic Director for Events & Facilities
- Mike Williams, Associate Athletic Director of Communication
- Alex Cain, Assistant Athletic Director for Game Operations
- James Durrant, Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance & Student Services
- Ryan Swenson, Assistant Athletic Director for Athletic Performance
Blake Haas can be reached at [email protected].