This is one of the many houses you can see while on the Christmas lights tour around town from Mid-State Limo. (Photo by WJBC/Laura Ewan)
By Laura Ewan
1. Holiday Treasures Fine Art Sale: Now-January 5 at the McLean County Arts Center. Over 100 locally and nationally known artists exhibiting paintings, glass, fiber, photography, jewelry, wood, ceramics and other seasonal items.
2. Home for the Holidays: Now-December 31 at Conklin’s Dinner Theatre in Goodfield.
3. Christmas at Clover Lawn: Friday-December 31 at David Davis Mansion. Tour the mansion all decorated for holidays.
4. White Christmas Showing at the Historic Normal Theater: Friday-Sunday. Doors open at 6:30. Parking is free at 6pm in the College Avenue Parking Garage.
5. Jammies & Jingles: Friday from 6-8pm at the Children’s Discovery Museum. Have some milk and cookies, visit with Santa and make a craft. Children must be accompanied by a paying adult. Advanced registration required.
6. Redbird Women’s Basketball vs. Northwestern: Friday at 7:05 at Redbird Arena.
7. December F1RST FR1DAY-Live window vignettes & once upon a holiday: Friday from 5-8pm in downtown Bloomington and Saturday from 10am-4pm. Take a free carriage ride through downtown while taking in LIVE holiday-themed window displays. Refreshments and entertainment in participating businesses.
8. Redbird basketball vs. Western Michigan: Saturday at 7 at Redbird Arena.
9. Holiday Open Skate: Friday at 7:30 at Pepsi Ice Center. Festive holiday open skate with Christmas music and prizes for the Ugliest Christmas sweaters.
10. Christmas at the Courthouse: Friday from 11-4 at the McLean County Museum of History. Musical performances, crafts, and homemade goodies.
11. Women’s Christmas Breakfast: Saturday at 8am at the Marriott in Uptown Normal. Ginny Owens, singer/songwriter and Dove award winner, will be this year’s featured guests. Music, food, fellowship and a heartfelt message. For tickets call Immanuel Bible Foundation at 309-452-6710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Breakfast with Santa and the Reindeer: Saturday at Miller Park Zoo at 8:30am. Learn about reindeer, visit with Santa, and pose for pictures.
13. 2012 Toys for Tots Bowling for kids: Saturday from 1-4pm at Pheasant Lanes. All proceeds will go to Toys for Tots of McLean County. There will also be two 50/50’s and a raffle auction. Contact information if someone would like to sign
14. Christmas Lights Tour: Now-December 26. Take a ride in a limo from Mid-state Limo around Bloomington-Normal for a 90 minute tour of different Christmas light displays. Can fit 10 people in the limo, Christmas cookies and champagne provided.
Laura Ewan can be reached at email@example.com.