Normal to begin hydrant flushing May 12
May 8, 2013
By WJBC Staff
NORMAL - Normal Fire Department crews plan to perform hydrant flushing May 12-18.
Hydrant flushing is to remove any sediment or stagnant water from the distribution system and to test fire hydrant operation. These steps are taken to improve the overall water quality within the distribution system and to insure the delivery of the highest quality of water possible. As in the past, the water may become temporarily discolored and residents should avoid washing clothes between the hours of 10:00 P.M. and 8:00 A.M. while flushing is in progress in your area.
The following schedule will give the approximate day they will be in your area.
- May 12-15 – Areas north of College Avenue that are east of Constitution Trail and south of Shelbourne Drive. (Included – Beechwood Court, Basswood Lane, Heritage Road, Regal Drive, Collie Ridge and Tramore Subdivisions as well as areas east of Veterans Parkway and south of I-55.)
- May 14-15 – Areas west of Linden Street and north of Raab Road as well as Heartland Ridge and Lincoln College.
- May 14-17 – Areas south of College Avenue and east of Constitution Trail.
- May 15-18 – Ironwood, Wintergreen, Northfields, Heather Ridge and North Bridge Subdivisions as well as areas south of College Ave. and west of Constitution Trail.
- May 14-18 - Areas that are between West College Avenue and Raab Road that are west of Constitution Trail as well as the Pines, Pheasant Ridge, Carriage Hills, and Pinehurst subdivisions.