By Eric Stock
BLOOMINGTON - Two people were hospitalized after a fire heavily damaged their mobile home south of Bloomington on Monday night.
Bloomington Township Fire Chief Tom Willan says crews were able to respond to the blaze in about two minutes as the fire station is across the street from the Meadows of Bloomington.
"We had a meeting... and we had two, three of four people still at the fire station and we were able to respond within a couple of minutes," Willan said.
The blaze at 3514 Sassafras St. was reported shortly before 11 p.m. Willan said the home was engulfed in flames when crews arrived and the blaze was out in about 35 minutes.
Willan said the home's structure sustained about $20,000 in damages and about $10,000 worth of the home's contents were destroyed.
Willan said the Red Cross has been contacted to provide housing assistance to the family.
The fire was ruled accidental. Willan said the fire started in a dryer exhaust system.
Eric Stock can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.