By Stephanie Pawlowski
BLOOMINGTON - A fire at Z's Grocery at 918 W. Market Street in Bloomington caused about $150,000 in damage.
The Bloomington Fire Department said firefighters were called to the blaze at 11:45 p.m. Thursday and found heavy smoke coming out of the attic. They said the fire was under control in about 15 minutes but because of the construction of the building, firefighters spent almost two hours opening up void spaces to reach hot spots.
The fire damage was limited to the attic, but there is some water damage to the first floor. No injuries have been reported.
Fire investigators said they found the fire started in some wiring going through the roof of the structure and spread to the exposed roof sheeting in the attic.