The Constitution Trail will be transformed this weekend into the Haunted Trail. (WJBC file photo)
By Laura Ewan
1. Halloween Hoopla Family Fun Night: Friday from 6-8pm at the Children’s Discovery Museum. Get your face painted by the Zoo lady, play spooktacular games, make crafts and trick or treat in different exhibits. Children must be accompanied by a paying adult. $2/museum members. $8/non-members.
2. Redbird Volleyball vs. Indiana State: Friday at 7:05pm at Redbird Arena.
3. Bloomington Blaze vs. Wichita: Friday at 7:05pm at U.S. Cellular Coliseum.
4. Haunted Trail: Friday and Saturday from 6:30pm-9pm on the Constitution Trail. Scary nights on the trail. Displays, sound and lighting effects as well as spooky creatures. Line begins behind Normal City Hall Annex. Haunting begins at Vernon Avenue. $1/person
5. FlatCon: Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9am-10pm at the Interstate Center Mini Expo Building. Annual gaming event: board games, historical and contemporary miniatures games, role-playing games, card games, local vendors. All proceeds from the event go to the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. $15/day or $25 for all three days.
6. Bloomington Blaze v. Wichita: Saturday at 7:05pm at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum.
7. Downtown Bloomington Farmers’ Market and Artists’ Alley: Saturday from 7:30am-noon in Downtown Bloomington at Main & Jefferson.
8. Chili Cook-Off: Saturday at 11am at the Interstate Center. 4th Annual Chili Cook-off to benefit St. Mary’s. Over 20 different chili’s to taste, games for the kids and live music. $5/adults, kids 13 and under
9. Fiddler on the Roof: Saturday at 7:30pm at the BCPA. Pre-show activities start at 6:45.
10. Gone with the Wind Costume Party Tea: Saturday at 2 at the David Davis Mansion. Gone with the Wind Trivia, treats and prizes. Dress as y our favorite Gone with the Wind Character. Reservations must be pre-paid. $25/person. Call 827-2200.
11. Flashlight Maze: Saturday and Sunday from 6-9 at Rader Family Farms. Use a flashlight on 10 acres of corn maze. Come in costume and receive a free popcorn. $10/per person.
12. Barn A-Fair: Sunday from 11am-4pm at Jo Morrison’s Farm near Towanda at 18808 N. 2000E. Road. Booths include food court, arts and crafts, critters and such including dog adoptions and nail trims, Farmers’ Market, Home and Garden, General Market, Exhibits and more. $1/person, under 12 free.
Check out the community calendar for more events!