By Howard Packowitz
BLOOMINGTON – Children will be back in the classroom, as scheduled, Friday morning at District 87’s Stevenson Elementary School after a gas leak there.
Nicor Gas crews and the Bloomington Fire Department were called Thursday evening after the leak was detected in the building at 2106 Arrowhead Drive.
At about 9:30 p.m. Thursday, the district reported on social media that the leak was repaired, and the building is “safe, warm, and ready for school.”
Howard Packowitz can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org